Happy Thanksgiving, friends! We’re closed today for the holiday, but will be back open tomorrow. In addition, we have a lot of exciting events planned for the upcoming months ahead. Here’s a sample…
- First off, this Tuesday, October 9, we’ll be hosting a couple volunteer orientation sessions in the café, at 5 and at 6 p.m. If you are an active volunteer, or plan to be, you are expected to attend one orientation session
. Topics to be covered include: a brief history of & info about Harvest Noon, the co-op & membership, an overview of many ways to get involved as a volunteer, and cash training (if needed).
- Our Annual General Meeting will be taking place on Thursday, October 25, from 5 to 7 p.m. in the café. All members are invited and encouraged to attend. We will be presenting our financial reports from our first year in business, presenting some budget numbers for the year ahead, and electing a new board of directors. It’s a great way to take an active part in our business, and every member gets a vote, so don’t miss out! We’ll have a lot more to tell you about this in the coming weeks.
- In early November, we’ll be holding our first (hopefully of many!) bread workshops! Come learn to bake bread the Harvest Noon way! More info to come soon.
- Also in early November, we’ll be hosting our first (and again, hopefully of many!) Harvest Noon potluck dinners! Come bring a seasonal dish to share and have a scrumptious dinner with other members. More info on this to come soon, as well.
- Finally, don’t forget about our weekly bread bakes (usually on Monday, though this week on Tuesday), and our menu planning and bread collective meetings every other Thursday at 6 (this week is bread collective, next week is menu).
Enjoy the final day of the holiday weekend!